Every 1-2 months, we create this list of collected process mining web links and events in the process mining news (now also on the blog, with extra material in the e-mail edition).
Here are some blog articles that you may have missed:
The preparations for this year's Process Mining Camp are in full swing. Sign up fast because there are only a dozen or so tickets left! Read the up-front interview with the speaker Frank van Geffen from the Rabobank.
Our article on The Added Value of Process Mining has been published at the popular Business Process Trends platform BPTrends. Read the article see what the typical use cases for process mining are, and who exactly can benefit from process mining in your organization.
Vladimir Rubin contributed this case study on Process Mining for Analyzing Software Processes. Read the article to see how (1) process mining can be used to better understand the user behavior and (2) how developers can obtain information about system failures.
Walter Vanherle shares his success story of how process mining was used to improve the intervention management process at a security services company. Despite a challenging data set, very relevant insights about value leakage could be given from the analysis.
Process Mining on the Web
Here are some pointers to new process mining discussions and articles on the web, in no particular order:
- Dafna Levy provides a detailed demonstration of how process mining can be used to discover a production floor process and along with it even provides a Disco project file with data for you to play with!
- In this video interview at the ArchBeat Oracle blog Danilo Schmiedel talks about adaptive case management, predictive analytics and process mining
- As a follow-up to the LinkedIn discussion of Vladimir's software process mining case study at LinkedIn, Roy van Wel provided a link to his related Master's thesis on best practices in Agile Software Development and Jana Samalikova to her dissertation on process mining application in software process assessment
- The report of the Dagstuhl Seminar on Process Mining is now online
- Antonio Valle sees process mining as an important trend in service management
- Video recording of the IHRIM Webinar Master Your Processes – Mapping, Mining & Beyond (email registration required)
- Oliver Wildenstein brings process mining to the IT Governance magazine in his article Prozessverbesserung durch Process Mining – Überblick und Praxisfall (in German)
- Our guest article at the ITSM Blog on Process Mining: Von Stichproben zu umfassender Analyse (in German)
- John Hansen gives us his Top 10 advantages of process mining (in Danish)
- John Hansen explains how process mining helps with customer experience management (in Danish)
- Wil van der Aalst writes at Computable about data as the Brandstof voor de toekomst (in Dutch)
- Alexander van Caeneghem and Jean-Marie Bequevort wrote a nice overview article about process mining in the CFO magazine (in Dutch)
- Jan Taco te Gussinklo writes about the Internet of Events and generates a lively discussion about the applicability in the healthcare domain (in Dutch)
To make sure you are not missing anything, here is a list of the upcoming process mining events we are aware of.
- 5 June 2014: Webinar by TriFinance on process mining as starting point for process improvement (in Dutch)
- 11 June 2014: Process mining breakfast at G2 in Barcelona, Spain
- 12 June 2014: Webinar by TriFinance on process mining as starting point for process improvement (in French)
- 13 June 2014: 1st Polish Process Mining Day
- 18 June 2014: Process Mining Camp 2014 in Eindhoven, the Netherlands
- 3-4 July 2014: Donna Stewart from Suncorp will present how process mining was used to improve insurance claim services in the private insurance sector at the AP-BPM 2014 conference in Brisbane, Australia
- 12 July 2014: Deadline to submit your BPI Challenge report
- 4 September 2014: We have been invited to speak at a BI Business User event organized by TDWI event in Winterthur, Switzerland
- 7-11 September 2014: BPI Workshop and BPM conference in Haifa, Israel
- 2-6 November 2014: We have been selected as a speaker at this year's BBC conference in Florida, USA
Do you want to quick-start your own process mining initiatives? Sign up for one of our monthly process mining trainings in Eindhoven.
The latest process mining trainings were all sold out and the participants really liked what they got. For example, Tiese attended our training on 23 May and here is what he said about it:
There are now new training dates available for the rest of the year:
- Fr, 25 July 2014
- Fr, 29 August 2014
- Fr, 26 September 2014
- Fr, 31 October 2014
- Fr, 28 November 2014
- Fr, 12 December 2014
We have a very limited number of seats available, since we want to keep the training groups small, intimate, and productive. Sign up now, and reserve your spot!
Would you like to share a process mining-related pointer to an article, event, or discussion? Let us know about it!